FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX workflow for fading audio on a timeline with a multicam clip and external audio sources

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Sierles
FCPX workflow for fading audio on a timeline with a multicam clip and external audio sources
on Oct 8, 2013 at 2:08:11 pm

Greetings!

I'm new to FCPX. I picked everything up quickly, including using the fade handles that show up on each end of an audio clip.

My project is a concert with 5 different numbers. I recorded with two cameras and an external recorder. The external recorder ran without stopping, so it's just one big audio clip.

FCP synced up the audio and video perfectly in a multicam clip.

Now my goal is to have separate timelines for each song, so I can adjust audio and add fade transitions to the ends of each song. I tried doing this by putting the clip in a separate project for one song. I shrunk the clip on both ends to match the beginning and end of the song. Adding a video dissolve works.

The problem is the audio. There are no handles on the reduced version of the audio, not in the timeline or the multicam clip editor. I only see handles at the extreme ends of the audio clips.

What should I do to be able to fade audio in and out for each song?

Thanks!
Joshua

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: FCPX workflow for fading audio on a timeline with a multicam clip and external audio sources
on Oct 8, 2013 at 5:04:08 pm

You can edit portions of a multicam clip directly into a Project timeline. In your Event you can set ranges and edit just those ranges as you would any solo clip.

Return to posts index

Joshua Sierles
Re: FCPX workflow for fading audio on a timeline with a multicam clip and external audio sources
on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:44:50 am

James,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried setting a range but still don't see any audio fade handles. Perhaps I'm missing something about setting ranges?

Joshua

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]