FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export from FCP X to create .mp4 that works with Android 3.0 or higher?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
Export from FCP X to create .mp4 that works with Android 3.0 or higher?
on Oct 6, 2013 at 8:31:45 pm

Now that Android doesn't support Flash anymore, a few of my newer website Android users are not able to play my video.

I typically create a .mp4 in Compressor 3 using x264 for Flash streaming and then a .mv4 for iPhones/ipads, but neither one will work with the HTML5 tag (for those not using Flash) on an Android device. The new Android standards claim that .mp4 is supported for Android 3.0 and up, but evidently, not my x264 version.

Ideally to save time, I'd love to export a .mp4 directly from FCP X in 640 x 360 size that would work for Android, but I imagine I'll likely have to use Compressor 3 which is fine too. But if I can create a .mp4 file that would work in my Flash Player and also work in HTML5, that would save me some encoding and html coding time. (I already use .mp4 and .m4v and would rather not use 3 files unless I really gotta.)

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
Re: Export from FCP X to create .mp4 that works with Android 3.0 or higher?
on Oct 7, 2013 at 7:15:57 am

Did you try "Miro Video converter" it could be a solution.

zap

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: Export from FCP X to create .mp4 that works with Android 3.0 or higher?
on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:52:53 pm

[Zachary Potter] "Did you try "Miro Video converter" it could be a solution."

No, but I got it work out okay and ultimately with a single file. I went to the Apple Compressor forum to research. The simple solution was to use MPEG Streamclip instead of Compressor or FCP X. I was even able to use my x264 codec within MPEG Streamclip. The resulting .mp4 files works with all modern web browsers (within my proprietary Flash player) and then also with HTML5 on iPhone, iPads, web browsers not running Flash, and Android 3.0 or higher.

The problem is that at some point, I have to go back and re-export about 75 classes from FCP X and then run it through MPEG Streamclip to create the new .mp4 file, change the webpage code, upload, etc. I won't have time for a while to do this, but at least I have a solution.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]