FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving an deleting filters and titles made in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Moving an deleting filters and titles made in Motion
on Oct 3, 2013 at 7:27:28 am

Hello,

I have been playing with motion and created some titles that I have published and are now sitting in my FCPX titles browser.

Probably a stupid question but...

Can I delete them or rename them?

Can I create new categories of titles or filters within FCPX and reorganise them in the Keyword Collection style?

Thoughts appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Moving an deleting filters and titles made in Motion
on Oct 3, 2013 at 9:55:24 am

At this time you cannot organize templates directly inside the FCPX templates browser, but you can do this in the Finder.

Quit FCPX and go to your Motion Templates folder (user > Movies > Motion Templates). In the Motion Templates folder you will see different template type folders (Titles, Effects, Generators, Transitions). In these folders you will find your relevant custom templates.

When you delete a template folder here, next time you launch FCPX the template will not show anymore in your Effects, Titles, Generators or Transitions browser.

When you rename a template folder the new name will show in FCPX next time you launch it.

If you create a new group in one of the template type folders you can put any template that is relevant inside that group and when you launch FCPX the group name will show in the browser. When you select that group name all the templates inside the group will be revealed.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 3, 2013 at 11:02:00 am

Many thanks for that.

It would be useful wouldn't it if that all worked in the same way as the Event Browser?

What's the betting 10.1 is going to be a massive anti climax?

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Oct 3, 2013 at 11:54:22 am

Yes that would be useful, I agree.

IMO speculations are a waste of time. The only thing we know for sure is that we don't know anything for sure until we actually see it, especially when it's coming from Apple.

In its current state FCPX already seems to work fine for many individuals and companies, and when I look at the forums I frequent I can only see those numbers growing exponentially. So any further improvement of the software and of the hardware it runs on will always be good, wether it's a major feature update or only some performance fixes.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]