FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam - substituting an angle in the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Fox
Multicam - substituting an angle in the timeline
on Oct 2, 2013 at 12:13:08 pm

Hi there,

I recorded a multicam shoot, with two NEX-EA50's a goPro and Xoom h4. Set up the mutlticam and plopped in the timeline.

GoPro kept switching off and had to be restarted on several occasions and was therefore a bunch of separate clips.

It was not until I was fairly far in (sequence is 90 mins) that I realised that the GoPro was also out of sync (in my genius, which is not inconsiderable, I shot it at 48fps to the NEX's 50fps.)

So, I went back and transcoded the footage to 50fps in the hopes that I could pop it back in the timeline.

I have place the new recoded footage into a new angle and the timeline merely shows black (i have disabled, but not deleted the original goPro footage).

The new footage DOES show up in the angle editor but when I return to the main timeline there is nothing.

I tried moving the New footage into the angle of the Old footage but, again, nothing shows.

Any leads?

BTW the 2nd screen grab shows that one of the NEX's is black. The camera was not rolling at that particular moment.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Multicam - substituting an angle in the timeline
on Oct 2, 2013 at 3:53:30 pm

Are you saying that it doesn't show up at all, or that when you view all the angles, the video is black?

From your first grab, it appears you have 5 angles, but only 4 are showing, same for the second grab. Perhaps the missing angle you seek is on the second angle screen?

You have a couple of options, you can change your angel view to 9-up in the "Settings" drop down at the top right of the screen.

Or you can hit shift-command-comma to go to the next bank of mulitcam angles.

shift-command-semicolon will get you back to the first set.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Fox
Re: Multicam - substituting an angle in the timeline [Resolved]
on Oct 2, 2013 at 4:09:20 pm

I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot about the "feature" whereby the playhead on the main timeline is not at the same place as the playhead in the either the angle viewer or in a compound clip.

I can now see the footage I need if I go to the correct point in the timeline.

Apologies for any time waster...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Multicam - substituting an angle in the timeline [Resolved]
on Oct 2, 2013 at 4:13:07 pm

[Tom Fox] "I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot about the "feature" whereby the playhead on the main timeline is not at the same place as the playhead in the either the angle viewer or in a compound clip."

It's a real pain. I hope Apple fixes it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]