FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Index Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Timeline Index Question
on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:11:32 pm

I'm creating new roles for different types of media in my FCPX Events. Why aren't these roles showing up in my timeline index? I know I can do this. But can't find that option. All I'm getting are the FCPX default roles/ video/GRFX/Dialogue etc. Little help please.

Thanks, J

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Timeline Index Question
on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:23:17 pm

When you create a custom Role it shouldn't appear in the timeline index until a clip containing it is added to the Project.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:27:05 pm

And Roles updated in the browser are not updated in existing Projects and vice versa.

You will need to updates Roles in both locations if you need that functionality.

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:33:54 pm

Or prepare a 'template' Event and Project with all the roles you might want- and then copy and paste into new projects/events in order to have access to them.

Return to posts index

Fabien Daguerre
on Oct 1, 2013 at 7:25:53 pm

Also don't forget to display the role column by right clicking in the columns headings in the timeline index

This way you can search and select by role right in the TL index.
(The Role Tab allows you to highlight selected role, but not select it)

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Oct 1, 2013 at 10:35:05 pm

Ok, got it guys. but know when I select a certain media type. For example I have tagged my Voice over = VO for roles. but when i select it, it thinks its dialogue. And clips that are Video/Dialog are highlighted when I click on VO roles in the timeline index. Is this a bug?

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 1, 2013 at 10:47:57 pm

[Jordan Mena] "Ok, got it guys. but know when I select a certain media type. For example I have tagged my Voice over = VO for roles. but when i select it, it thinks its dialogue. And clips that are Video/Dialog are highlighted when I click on VO roles in the timeline index. Is this a bug?
"

Just to rehash for posterity....

Clips with Roles set in the Event browser will keep these Roles when cut into a timeline. However, any clips that were cut into a timeline before you set/changed the Master Clip Role in the Event Browser will not have the Role. So if you cut anything in before you changed the Event Browser clip Role to VO, it will have the Default "dialog" Role. If this is the case, simply select the clips in the timeline with incorrect Roles and change their Role in the Inspector. You can do this with multiple clips selected.

Also, in 10.0.9, Multichannel source clips with multiple Roles (dialog, music, effects) will highlight when any of those Roles are selected, even if one or more of the selected Roles are disabled. *This* is a bug, and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Maybe one of those things is what's happening?

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]