FORUMS: list search recent posts

saving stills and text to event browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Popp
saving stills and text to event browser
on Sep 30, 2013 at 11:03:29 pm

Is there a way at all to simply add a new clip/text/still directly from the storyline to the event browser to use again and again? I'm thinking more along the lines of a text template that is specific to a project, maybe a subtitle? It appears to me the only way for a still at least to be save into the event browser is to export it. Is this true for everything?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: saving stills and text to event browser
on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:16:35 am

Just select something and make it into a compound clip. CC's are reflected back to the Event Browser and can be used as assets in other projects from that point on.

I'd be judicious, since it's pretty easy to start turning everything into CCs and at some point, your whole editing world becomes a mess of circular references - but it's quick and easy.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: saving stills and text to event browser
on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:40:47 pm

Or make it a compound, and then break it apart every time you use it ending the circle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]