FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing iPhone 5s SLO-MO Mode video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eaks
Importing iPhone 5s SLO-MO Mode video
on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:48:06 am

I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to import video recorded with the iPhone 5s' 1280x720 120p SLO-MO Mode.

Mainly I'm interested in what happens within (and outside of) the I/O points from the iPhone user interface, which determines the portion of video that will playback in slo-mo.

How does the slow-mo portion effect the file when saved to your media drive? Does it disregard the I/O points and just provide a full 120fps file? Or is it exactly how you made it in the the UI (normal-slow-normal) conformed to 30p?

Hoping that I can just get a full, unaltered, 120fps file into FCPX for editing. I'm thinking that pulling the handles all the way to the first/last frame before the file transfer will do it.

I've been having a lot of fun with the 5s camera over the last two days. It's my last night in Hawaii, wanting to take best advantage of my last moments of photo/video opportunities but with a little more knowledge of what exactly happens when the clips are imported.

Thanks

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Importing iPhone 5s SLO-MO Mode video
on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:19:11 pm

From the last paragraph on the page linked below, it seems that the video files are unaffected by the iPhones slo-mo UI. Just import, optimize, conform. If so, Perfect!

First short shot on the 5s, "Streets of Milano"-

http://www.fcp.co/hardware-and-software/consumer/1243-streets-of-milano-a-s...

Boarding my flight for home, anxious to sit at my Mac Pro and play with some clips!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]