Idea for a new feature in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Idea for a new feature in FCPX
on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:55:40 am

Hi,

If Apple might read this ;-) - I though of a new feature in FCPX:
Since X is Data Based App, that does not need save anymore: I used to save m project, then I could experiment with a certain idea, if I did not like it, just close the project without saving and on re opening it, I wold take off at point I still did.
I know, in X you can for example duplicate the project, and go experiment on the copy.
But since X has unlimited undo, at least back to last opening of the project, woldn following feature be great:
You could set a Marker in the state of the project, thenyou edit away, and if you did not ice it, just tell X to jump back to that specific marker. A big like a time machine function in X.
I'd love that one!

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Idea for a new feature in FCPX
on Sep 26, 2013 at 7:08:21 am

Hi Sascha,

Seeing how Logic Pro X is dealing with versions ("alternatives") and it has an undo feature that goes beyond closing of the application, I think there's a big chance your wish will come true.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Sep 26, 2013 at 8:42:01 pm

I didn't know Logic X has undos even after closing the program. Sounds great! Didn't Soundtrack Pro had this too? So you had a full history of your project? Seems great potential...

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:23:34 pm

It's limited to a total number of 200 undo's it can save, but yes they go beyond closing the program.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Sep 28, 2013 at 6:08:12 am

Well, and here is another one to Apple: please, make the Marker more like FCP legacy!
Definitely, was better back then.
Give me back the option to see marker text in viewer, different colours of markers, to stretch markers over time, different marker colours, to move markers, to set markers also on TL not just on the clips.
Those are really important things in my workflow. Markers are part of a Pro workflow.
Bring it back, Apple.

Thanx.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]