FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX and BlackMagic Intensity Extreme

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Goodson
FCPX and BlackMagic Intensity Extreme
on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:55:58 am

Hey Everyone,

Just an FYI, but I'm a low level FCPX user who basically uses it to breakdown video, as I coach at Ohio State. (So, please excuse the ignorance) haha

With that said, I've got 2 questions:

1. Is there any way to import directly from a Canon HFS 100, into FCPX in real time?

2. Is there a way to capture video off of my home DVR, directly into FCPX using the Intensity Extreme via HDMI and Thunderbolt? I've been able to capture directly into BlackMagic's Desktop Video Software in NTSC Progressive mode using that set up but that's been it. (The HD Video I captured, ended up being 2.5GB's for 1 minute of video.)

I used to use a Canopus to capture via Firewire but I'm now on a Retina Display Macbook and I also wanted to capture higher quality.

Thanks again guys as truly appreciate all the insight and help.

All the best,
Jason

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: FCPX and BlackMagic Intensity Extreme
on Sep 25, 2013 at 11:13:02 pm

Depends on the device- some will work with non-controllable device. Otherwise you'd need to use the Blackmagic capture utility.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: FCPX and BlackMagic Intensity Extreme
on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:46:41 pm

[Jason Goodson] "2. Is there a way to capture video off of my home DVR, directly into FCPX using the Intensity Extreme via HDMI and Thunderbolt? I've been able to capture directly into BlackMagic's Desktop Video Software in NTSC Progressive mode using that set up but that's been it. (The HD Video I captured, ended up being 2.5GB's for 1 minute of video.)"

Maybe. But chances are you won't be able to capture the HDMI because of copyright protection embedded into the digital signal. What you can do is capture a component HD output from your DVR. If it doesn't have one, you can get an HDMI to component converter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]