FORUMS: list search recent posts

More audio tracks being deleted than I select

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Alexander
More audio tracks being deleted than I select
on Sep 24, 2013 at 6:45:16 pm

Hello, I've got a minor but frustrating issue that I can't figure out.

If I select a clip in FCP X and the associated audio clip (in this case synced sound from a different source than camera) and delete it, it also deletes the next audio clip even though there is a cut and that next audio clip seems to be connected to the next video clip. Makes no sense to me. Any help would be appreciated.

So there is Video Clip A. I cut it using shift-cmd-B at two points. So now clip A is A-B-C. The cuts went through the connected audio file and now there are three connected audio files to A - B- C. I select video clip B and audio clip B and use command-x. Video clip B, audio clip B AND audio clip C are removed. Why is it taking audio clip C?

Return to posts index

Gabriel Spaulding
Re: More audio tracks being deleted than I select
on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:35:36 pm

Perhaps the clip C connection point is connected to one of the B clips and is thus deleted when the B clips are deleted. If you hold down COMMAND+OPTION and click on clip C (or any connected clip for that matter) you can move the connection point to the location where you click. I would try that.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 25, 2013 at 11:11:42 am

As I had never noticed such an issue I just did a test.

Here's a clip with attached audio:

Here I have cut the clip and the attached audio in three parts:

Here I have deleted the middle video and audio clip (tried it with the other clips as well) and I don't see any other audio deleted than the one associated with the video clip I delete:

Can you tell me where your workflow differs from mine so we can find out why this does not work for you?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Mitchell Alexander
on Sep 25, 2013 at 3:58:27 pm

Thanks. I think you're right and having read your post it triggered a thought.

It doesn't happen all the time and seems quite random. So I think what happened is that I made a cut using just the 'B' tool and realized I wanted command b, thought I had repositioned it correctly but must not have done so.

Thanks. The tip is quite useful.

Mitch

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:35:40 pm

That is indeed a very plausible explanation.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]