FORUMS: list search recent posts

Left Click on Final Cut X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Smith
Left Click on Final Cut X
on Sep 24, 2013 at 5:59:31 pm

I recently updated from 10.0.5 --> 10.0.9.

In the former version when left clicking a clip in my timeline with the select tool, the play bar would jump to that location. In the new version, I'm required to opt+left click for the same functionality.

Is there any way to go back to the previous mouse behavior? I'm having trouble finding any mouse adjustment in the commands.

Thanks,
Ryan

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Left Click on Final Cut X
on Sep 24, 2013 at 11:09:34 pm

[Ryan Smith] "Is there any way to go back to the previous mouse behavior?"

Nope. You can click in the navigation/timecode bar at the top of the window, or skim to the clip and hit play, if that's what you're intending to do. Also, if you have skimming or clip skimming turned on, you can zoom into whatever clip the skimmer is over, regardless of playhead position. I tend to keep the skimmer off (unless needed) but leave clip skimming on (because it's awesome, lol). So whatever clip my cursor is over is the focus of timeline zooming. Plus, no clicking involved. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Ryan Smith
on Sep 25, 2013 at 7:07:27 pm

thanks for the tip; just liked the efficiency for editing filters, CC, etc. I just need to readjust my mind a bit until the opt+click is second nature I guess :)

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Sep 25, 2013 at 7:25:39 pm

[Ryan Smith] "thanks for the tip; just liked the efficiency for editing filters, CC, etc. I just need to readjust my mind a bit until the opt+click is second nature I guess :)"

I hear ya… also, if you press the C key while your cursor is over a clip it selects it if that helps,,, though I guess you need the playhead there to see it… :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]