FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious FCPX export issues.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Lithman
Serious FCPX export issues.
on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:12:02 pm

Hi everyone.
I have just recently make the switch from FCP7 to FCPX, so am not massively familiar with it.
I have also recently changed the camera I shoot on, from one that used to record in 720p to a Sony Z7E that shoots in 1080i. I set up my timeline to be same as the first clip used.

When I'm editing my footage I don't see any interlacing issues on the video. When I export the finished edit as a 'master file' and play it back in quicktime you can constantly see horrible interlacing issues throughout the video.

What can I do to stop this happening? Is it something to do with the way I set up my timeline? Should I be making the timeline 1080p and rendering everything? Change setting on export/ change the import settings?? etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had some help from another creative cow member, but it hasn't helped so just wanted to put the question out there to the community again.

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Serious FCPX export issues.
on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:24:20 pm

To see the interlacingin X, you'll need to turn on "show both fields" in the viewer. And setting the viewer to 100% will show you precisely what you have. You'll have to de-interlace to get rid of the fields. Run your 1080i master through compressor or export another for web use via a compressor setting in FCP. Not sure if the built in Vimeo and youtube settings de-interlace or not.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Serious FCPX export issues.
on Sep 25, 2013 at 6:45:56 pm

If you are viewing in Quicktime X: I've seen that interlacing looks pretty bad in Quicktime X.
Quicktime 7 shows it much better.

After what, 4 years of Quicktime X, Apple should REALLY bring that application more up to speed with the features of Quicktime 7. (no multiple monitor support with automatic controls for instance, it doesn't show timecode, ...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]