FORUMS: list search recent posts

Royalty free music in FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Royalty free music in FCPX?
on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:37:50 am

In the sound effects that come installed with FCPX are some short music pieces labelled Associated Production Music. I am assuming these are royalty free. Is that correct? Not sure where to look that up.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Royalty free music in FCPX?
on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:28:40 am

They are the same pieces that came with FCS in soundtrack and also GarageBand. I've looked it up and they are royalty free as long as they aren't resold. Same agreement as pretty much any royalty free license. They have to be a part of a greater work, etc.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:35:52 am

Thanks, that's very helpful. It is sometimes hard to track down music rights.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 23, 2013 at 2:53:01 am

I think there was something about the jingles in soundtrack or GarageBand on the Apple support site.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: oyalty free music in FCPX?
on Sep 24, 2013 at 1:41:02 pm

Huh...I don't seem to have these in mine at all! Is this only when you have legacy installed on the same system? I'm wanting to have the content!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:32:48 am

On my system they're under iLife sound effects>jingles. Some are over 2 min. Perhaps they got installed with garage band. They used to come with FCS as well inside soundtrack. All the above are on my system, so not sure where they came from these days.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 25, 2013 at 7:02:45 pm

Careful how you use them though, it's always wise to attribute their use in any description should you use them on YouTube videos.

I've found that some music rights companies that have "inadvertently" added these tracks to their Copyright pool and more than once I've had YouTube come back with an automatic copyright violation on them. They've always dropped this on appeal but it's a pain when it happens to a client!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on Sep 25, 2013 at 8:04:48 pm

Although, nothing screams "Cheap" and "Amateur" like using those. There are only a few on there that are halfway decent. I've actually heard them on national commercials (usually for lame personal injury lawyer spots or the like) and I cringe whenever I do. The "best" ones are only slightly less cheesy than the hundred or so others included in the collection.

Check out pond5.com or audiojungle.com. You can get music there for as low as $5-$10 (or as high as $150, depending on the song). I once scored a 10-minue long short film with multiple tunes from pond5.com for less than $60. I've gotten plenty of stuff for 30-second commercials for $25 or so.

If you're doing it for clients, then cost shouldn't be too big of a deal, as long as they're reasonable. Just bill them for it and call it a day.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Sep 25, 2013 at 9:19:56 pm

Good point on the Youtube police these days. I guess I will test post the video to see if it passes through their filters. I have found it to be very unpredictable.

As far a cheesy sounding goes, I would love to use iTunes music but trying to get a release for most music is beyond me. I will look at some of the sites suggested for purchasing music. I haven't found music that really works so well.

Return to posts index

Vergil Mcleod
on Jul 23, 2014 at 2:21:06 pm

I always take royalty free music at https://www.neosounds.com/royalty-free-music/instruments . Great library and for free

Return to posts index

pet diama
Re: Royalty free music
on Oct 29, 2015 at 7:57:09 pm

http://www.yannkeerim.com also a great resource for royalty free music

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]