FORUMS: list search recent posts

match frame: play beyond out point

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georg P. Mueller
match frame: play beyond out point
on Sep 20, 2013 at 8:22:20 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I need help to figure this out: Whenever I match-frame a clip from the timeline and play it in the browser it stops at the out point. Pressing play will do nothing. If I want to play beyond that yellow border I need to either delete the selection with option+x or fiddle with the mouse to click outside of the border in order to continue playing it. Drives me nuts...!

Is there a way to force FCX to just continue playing over that out point?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: match frame: play beyond out point
on Sep 20, 2013 at 9:51:42 am

Instead of pressing the Space Bar press SHIFT+CTRL+O ("Play To End") to play the selection beyond the out point.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:22:35 am

Thanks Ronny, for your quick answer. This is great, but it still does not quiet behave like I would like it to. I can now continue playing (yeah!) but as soon as I hit the spacebar I find the curser locked back into that yellow box again...

I also tried to hit "I" to set a new in point on the fly while it is "playing to end" but it does not set it. Instead this deletes the old selection. If I now hit the spacebar again it will start playing where the just deleted selection started... And only then I can set a new in and out. I think there may be a better way...

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Sep 20, 2013 at 4:46:44 pm

First of all Georg, I firmly believe this is a bug. Something that cropped up in the last couple revisions. I don't remember it stopping playback at the end of the selection in earlier versions. So, do what I've done and file a feedback report to Apple in the Final Cut Pro menu. Hopefully they'll fix the behavior because it's not one that makes a whole lot of sense.

However, there is a workaround. When you matchframe to the event browser, hit the slash key (/) to play the selection. When it reaches the end, you can then hit spacebar to continue playing the clip past the outpoint without destroying the IN/OUT in the event browser.

There are a couple of other ways to bypass this annoying behavior which to me clearly signifies it as a bug rather than a feature. But seriously, send feedback to make sure they know it's not a useful behavior.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Sep 21, 2013 at 6:42:21 am

Thanks Andy. Cool! That does indeed work! But I need to play the entire selection before moving on.. I take it that this is the best known workaround (clicking is definitely worse). In the meantime I have followed your suggestion and submitted a bug report.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]