FORUMS: list search recent posts

one or two pics of fifty exporting as black

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Haworth
one or two pics of fifty exporting as black
on Sep 15, 2013 at 9:20:54 am

Pulling my hair out. Have a couple of pics in the feature length doc I've edited in FCPX that when exported as a Pro Res HQ mov file export as black, even though they play fine before exporting. It's only a couple of the nearly fifty pics I used and there are no similarities in file type or size between the two or differences between the ones that exported fine. It defies logic. I created a compound clip of the whole project but don't think that would cause only two pics to export as black. Please help.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: one or two pics of fifty exporting as black
on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:01:54 am

First make sure you are using the latest version of FCPX. There have been some render issues in earlier versions. If you have the latest version go to your problematic stills and reset their compositing parameters in the inspector. If the stills are animated re-do the animation after resetting, then export again.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Steve Haworth
on Sep 16, 2013 at 1:28:14 pm

Ironically enough I had a few exporting issues pop up after upgrading to the latest version. Nonetheless I will try resetting the parameters as you suggest. What exactly are the compositing parameters? Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:07:07 pm

Select the problematic clips on the Timeline and in the Inspector under the Video tab reset all the video parameters (Color, Transform, Crop etc...), even if they haven't been modified. Another method is to remove the problematic stills from the Timeline and re-insert them again from within the Event Browser.

If this does not work or if you experience any other clips rendering as black frames you can try deleting all your Project render files before exporting.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Steve Haworth
on Sep 18, 2013 at 4:37:35 pm

Wonderful, thank you again for your help. I will get to trying all of that. Also have you ever heard of transitions exporting half a second earlier than in the timeline? I'm using a transition which in the timeline has the fade to black right as the motion graphic containing the footage comes in. But after exporting the graphic comes in before the previous scene ends. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 18, 2013 at 6:07:45 pm

Now that is weird. What is the format of your footage? Are you editing in native format or with your media optimized to ProRes? What type of graphics card do you have in your system?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Steve Haworth
on Sep 18, 2013 at 7:42:24 pm

Footage is 1080p mov, 29.97fps. Editing in pro res proxy, but I've never had an issue exporting it before. The weird thing is when I export is as full pro res HQ to then encode it to mepg2 it should be about 110GB but only comes out about 55 and has that issue with the transitions.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 18, 2013 at 8:52:27 pm

Are you sure you switch back to "original media" before exporting?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Steve Haworth
on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:51:43 pm

Long story short the footage is only in pro res proxy. It was all AVCHD originally and the only way to edit it natively in FCPX was to use clipwrap to convert the .mts files into pro res proxy .mov files. All worked fine so far, just the weird issue with the transitions I mentioned before.

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Sep 20, 2013 at 2:32:42 am

[Steve Haworth] "It was all AVCHD originally and the only way to edit it natively in FCPX was to use clipwrap to convert the .mts files into pro res proxy .mov files."

Steve,

I shoot AVCHD and use ClipWrap all the time. What works best is to NOT convert it to proxy or any other format but instead, just "wrap" it in a .mov extension. It works great in FCPX on my 2011 MacBook Pro and it's still in it's native format. The other issue I can't you with as I haven't run into that.

Dave

Return to posts index

Steve Haworth
on Sep 24, 2013 at 5:47:08 am

Update:
I tried re importing the offending jpgs and adding the lower third after. Worked for one but the other still exports as black. If I delete the lower third it exports perfectly. But I have to have a lower third to credit the source. This is ridiculous.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]