FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Project sounds fine on iMac speakers/headphones but tinny on macbook pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Biskwee
FCP X Project sounds fine on iMac speakers/headphones but tinny on macbook pro
on Sep 15, 2013 at 11:14:32 am

Hello,

I have been tearing my hair out trying to fix this audio problem.

My FCP X Project sounds fine on iMac speakers/headphones but tinny,empty and much less audible on a macbook pro

https://vimeo.com/73768822

I compressed this project for upload and noticed that some of the audio suddenly goes empty/tinny when playing back on my macbook pro speakers. I tried watching it on an iphone and it was inaudible.

On my iMac the whole project sounds fine through the built in speakers and headphones when it has been compressed for upload.

The audio recorded through my videomic pro comes through clearly but the audio which was taken directly from a balanced XLR from the mixing desk does not sound correct.

I had to increase the gains on all the audio as the sound guy had set the levels far too low. I initially thought this may have been the problem so went about changing the gains through a different method to no avail.

I then wondered if it was something to do with my compressor settings.

My settings are normally AAC @ 44.1k which usually works fine.

My latest attempt to fix the problem is selecting constant bit rate rather than average bit rate which makes the sound even worse...

I hope someone out there knows how to fix this!

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: FCP X Project sounds fine on iMac speakers/headphones but tinny on macbook pro
on Sep 16, 2013 at 4:06:48 am

I don't know anything but the suggestions on this page might help. I'm interested in what works since I'll be doing this in the near future.

http://vimeo.com/help/compression

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Steve McGarrigle
Re: FCP X Project sounds fine on iMac speakers/headphones but tinny on macbook pro
on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:17:31 am

It May be a phase issue with your audio channels. Play with mono'ing the left and right channels, check for phase inversion down the chain and check your project is correctly outputting stereo and not surround unless it's meant to be surround of course.

Return to posts index

Jay Biskwee
on Sep 16, 2013 at 1:30:51 pm

I have finally managed to fix the problem!

I converted all the problem audio from stereo to dual mono and then lowered one of the mono channels to 0db and it has fixed the problem!

That was a headache. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Steve McGarrigle
on Sep 19, 2013 at 9:24:07 am

You're welcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]