FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX keeps quitting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendy Snyder
FCPX keeps quitting
on Sep 15, 2013 at 12:38:58 am

Since I upgraded from Mac Pro 2006 to Mac Pro 2010 (3.33GHZ processor and 16 GB RAM) one week ago - my FCPX 10.0.9 program quits each time I am using Ken Burns. Has anyone had such an issue? Thanks in advance...Wendy

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: FCPX keeps quitting
on Sep 16, 2013 at 8:45:31 am

Hi Wendy,

I haven't heard of any similar issues, but one thing you can try is to refresh (trash) your FCPX preferences.

If you are not familiar with refreshing your preferences, this may help (explanation starts at point 9): http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3893

There is even a free application that will do this for you: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Wendy Snyder
on Sep 16, 2013 at 2:42:15 pm

Thanks Ronnie...forgot all about that. I have Preference Manager for FCPX and will try that...after the 4hrs
it will take to make a copy of my data first...that's what http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3893 recommended. Will write back with an update. Wendy

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:11:01 pm

Yes they advise this for safety reasons, but backing up all your data is not absolutely necessary for troubleshooting. Nevertheless it's always good to have backups of your critical files.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:31:08 pm

I'm reading your post as I sit here waiting for Disk Warrior to complete its work on my machine. It's another route you can try when odd things start happening in FCPX. Also, Repair Permissions after DW. When a program loses track of where bits are on a drive, all sorts of unexplainable things happen.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Wendy Snyder
on Sep 17, 2013 at 8:53:32 pm

so funny and I am reading your post, just as I am now able to take the 2 hours to back up my FCPX Projects Folder.... I am going to clear the Preferences next as @ Ronny Courtens suggestion....and then will run Disk Warrior. So Thanks.
FCPX and Ken Burns, especially, is so finicky it was never this bad in iMovie, which I upgraded from when things got serious. And it's not just the Ken Burns....copy / paste stops working / snapping gets in the way of making subtle adjustments / no easy way, at least for me, to save edited sequences for future adding in or out without putting them at the end of the timeline...and my timelines are now extending from NYC to Chicago!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]