FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting FCPX project's audio for Logic Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nao Nakazawa
Exporting FCPX project's audio for Logic Pro X
on Sep 10, 2013 at 4:34:18 am

I have been using FCPX for a couple of months on a short narrative project. The picture is locked and I am ready to do some sound design.

I exported XML from FCPX and imported it to Logic Pro X. The problem that I have is that Logic will create a track for each clips resulting in hundreds of tracks. Although some audio clips stay on the same track, it is still very difficult to organize the audio clips and get on with the editing. I thought about consolidating it to avoid this problem, but then I won't have the handles.

I guess I have to edit the audio on FCPX as much as possible before moving onto Logic... but,

What is the most efficient work flow on sound designing using FCPX and Logic Pro X?

Thanks for your input!

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
Re: Exporting FCPX project's audio for Logic Pro X
on Sep 10, 2013 at 5:38:36 pm

For now, you should purchase X2Pro. It has worked remarkably well for me. It exports AAF files which Logic X will import.

I recommend setting roles for your dialogue, sfx, and music in your timeline. That way, when you import into Logic, the clips will be lined out on tracks per their role.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Nao Nakazawa
on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:37:28 am

Thank you Michael.

While this resolved the problems that I had (which I think should be seamless transition from FCPX to LPX without purchasing an app), the levels or transitions from FCPX were not transfered to LPX. Did I miss checking a preference between the process of FCPX - FCPXML - AAF - LPX?

Back in FCP7, I remember exporting OMF for ProTools and had all the levels and transitions transfered without having a problem...

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Sep 15, 2013 at 5:04:15 am

I believe that's a bug (or a lacking feature). The guys over at X2Pro's site are good with support. You'll need to create a user id to write a question in their forums.

http://x2pro.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid=12&Itemid=...

My hope is that true integration b/t LPX and FCPX will come in the fall update. Bummer that it didn't work out of the gate.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]