FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED raw proxies in FCPX. Any control over their dimensions, during transcode?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Gilchrist
RED raw proxies in FCPX. Any control over their dimensions, during transcode?
on Sep 8, 2013 at 1:00:33 am

Thought I'd make this a fresh question, though it's connected to my preceding one...

When I ingest RED footage into FCPX, then transcode proxies, the smallest size the proxies can be is 50% of the original. All well and good when one is used to working at 5Ds and 1080, but bit of a shocker when switching up to 5K, as now I'm working with "proxies" that are 50% of 5K (2560 x 1280) and, despite running from a Thunderbolt drive, a ten-angle multi clip is demanding to work with (even though, against all odds, it still just about does it).

So my question: is there ANY way to force FCPX to transcode to a SMALLER proxy size (say, 25%) and still have it be linked to the original for later conform? It would be coolest of all to be able to dial in the proxy dimensions to suit, much like After Effects allows...

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: RED raw proxies in FCPX. Any control over their dimensions, during transcode?
on Sep 8, 2013 at 2:42:57 pm

No, there isn't.

But you can use RedCineX to create proxies of any flavor and interchange with fcpx through fcpxml.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: RED raw proxies in FCPX. Any control over their dimensions, during transcode?
on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:47:06 pm

Yep for that you need to step back into the classic workflow ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]