FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Suddenly won't read my external

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Rock
FCPX Suddenly won't read my external
on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:19:55 pm

Okay, Ive spent 5 hours on this issue today and still have no solution. Maybe someone here has a tip.
I started up my computer and FCPX this morning after working in it all day yesterday and shutting down my computer normally. Suddenly when I open FCPX, all the projects appear to load normally, but when the program finally finishes loading, the projects and events on my raid disappear. I've attached a few screenshots to show what I mean.

Thus far, I've verified the raid, moved/returned the projects to the FCPX event folder, remade the event and project folders. repeatedly trashed all preferences for it and reinstalled the program entirely. None of these have resolved the issue. Now I have tried reopening the program with all projects and events out of the Project & Events folders on the RAID and still FCPX wont read the RAID for more than a few seconds before it disappears entirely.

Any ideas on what's going on? At this point I've had to resort to transferring projects to my HD and editing them there. Here is what happens when I open X, both monitors in order:
Monitor 1:
Opening

Moments Later

Monitor 2:
Opening

Moments Later

Frustrating, right?

Again, the drive itself appears to have no issues, however, when I plug in an external to the computer with an FCPX project & event folder, it reads it just fine.

Any tips on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated. In the meantime, it looks like I will be cutting in Premier.

Return to posts index

Aaron Rock
Re: FCPX Suddenly won't read my external
on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:49:20 pm

Sigh, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Trie opening FCPX, creating a new event, then importing within the program to see if I could essentially recreate the event. Unfortunately, FCPX is reading my RAID as if it were a p2 card, listing it under cameras and populating it with ever video and graphic file on the drive... I have never seen anything like this before in my life.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:59:34 pm

I feel your pain. Do you have any DCIM folders on your RAID ?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Aaron Rock
on Sep 5, 2013 at 8:01:56 pm

I had heard of this issue from another forum. I renamed a few timelapse folders on the raid with "DCIM", but these were subfolders, thus it didn't resolve the issue. The "CONTENTS" folder I had to copy to my RAID last night was the culprit.

Return to posts index

Aaron Rock
on Sep 5, 2013 at 8:00:12 pm

Finally resolved my own issue.

The interpretation of the RAID by FCPX was the tipoff. Turns out that one of the folders on my RAID was labeled "CONTENTS" which is what many cards store media information in. Thus X was interpreting my raid as a card and not a drive.

I hope this helps anyone who runs into similar issues with their RAID/ FCPX.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 5, 2013 at 8:06:19 pm

Glad you found it. Any folder names referring to card structure folders (like DCIM or CONTENTS) seem to confuse FCPX. It's a known issue. Send feedback to Apple.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:16:06 pm

I am having the same issue, but there's not a CONTENTS folder on my external drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]