FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio dipping out at each cut of multicam clip with Noise Reduction

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Audio dipping out at each cut of multicam clip with Noise Reduction
on Sep 4, 2013 at 1:55:16 am

I've got a multicam clip that I'm switching between video angles, but the audio is staying the same. They audio has the Noise Reduction activated, and at each cut of the video angle, the audio dips out, or down for a split second. I'm assuming the if I rendered out the video it wouldn't be there, but during editing and playback, it makes the function unusable because of how distracting it is.

Anyone else experience this?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Audio dipping out at each cut of multicam clip with Noise Reduction
on Sep 4, 2013 at 3:48:28 am

Not sure I understand why you'd add your noise reduction IN the angle editor. I typically leave audio sweetening until after picture lock - but whatever.

At least the solution is easy.

After picture lock, Just bring a copy of the soundtrack you used in the audio angle, onto your timeline as a connected clip and apply your NR there. Then just mute the audio track in the multi clip.

One of many ways to solve the problem, I suppose.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Audio dipping out at each cut of multicam clip with Noise Reduction
on Sep 4, 2013 at 8:41:35 am

It's a known issue and Apple is aware of it. Do you still hear the dips when you don't use the noise reduction on the audio in the angle editor?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]