FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Crashes When Trying to Update Projects After OSX Lion Install

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Irvine
FCPX Crashes When Trying to Update Projects After OSX Lion Install
on Sep 2, 2013 at 8:55:49 pm

Hi - I haven't been using FCPX for over a year (when it was working fine) and since then I have upgraded my OSX from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion (10.8.4). I have also just updated FCPX to version 10.0.9.
Now when I start the program I am prompted to update my projects and events, the full message being as follows:

Projects and Events must be updated to work with this version of final Cut pro.

Updated Projects and Events cannot be opened in earlier versions of Final Cut Pro. To update your Projects and Events, click OK.

To leave your Projects and Events untouched, click Ignore. (You will be prompted to update the next time you open the application.)

However, if I choose to update, the program crashes and a window appears stating "Final Cut pro quit unexpectedly'. I have tried this several times and the result is the same. If I open FCPX without updating, it opens normally. So what might be going on? Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks, John.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: FCPX Crashes When Trying to Update Projects After OSX Lion Install
on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:27:55 pm

Try deleting your preferences. Go to digital rebellion.com and download Preference Manager. It's free.

anickt

Return to posts index

John Irvine
on Sep 3, 2013 at 7:33:33 am

Thanks, I did that - still doesn't work! In response to another forum I downloaded DR's Preference Manager, which I executed to trash my FCPX preferences. I also, as he suggested, repaired my disk permissions. The same problem occurred. I decided to restart my Mac only to find that DR's Preference manager had been removed from my dock and my applications folder! I remember having this freeware before and it disappeared in a similar way... any further ideas? Thanks

John Paul Irvine
Raemoir
Scotland

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 3, 2013 at 2:26:53 pm

I would trash your render files, both event and project, as well as the peaks data which is located in the event render files folder.

Return to posts index

John Irvine
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:01:03 am

Thanks for the suggestion as I'm still having problems despite re-downloading the preference manager.
Should I delete the entire Render folder (which contains several other folders) or do I have to go into these sub-folders and delete their contents?

John Paul Irvine
Raemoir
Scotland

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 4, 2013 at 3:08:48 pm

You can delete everything in the render folder.

Make sure to do this for Events and Projects.

Return to posts index

John Irvine
on Sep 4, 2013 at 8:37:48 pm

Thanks, I'm thinking that I may never need to return to projects of two years ago anyway. Perhaps it's time to delete them and make room for new stuff!

John Paul Irvine
Raemoir
Scotland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]