FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media visible in the timeline, but missing from the viewer.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Slavinsky
Media visible in the timeline, but missing from the viewer.
on Aug 31, 2013 at 7:56:39 pm

Hello all,

Interesting thing happened that I never faced before. The media does exists in the event browser and my time line, but appeared as the missing one in the viewer. I have attached the screenshot of what I have. Any idea why the viewer doesn't see the clip?

Thank you very much in advance.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Media visible in the timeline, but missing from the viewer.
on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:38:58 pm

I don't see an attachment. But if you have an effect applied that isn't installed you'll get a missing error of sorts. Even if the effect is turned off in the inspector.

Return to posts index

Lucy Slavinsky
on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:15:48 pm

Yes, that's may be the case!!!!!! I reinstalled FX factory, the newer version and Inspector shows missing effects (add noise). Thanks a lot! So simple! How would you suggest to resolve the issue? When I replace the clip, all other effects are gone too and there is a bunch of them - transformation, opacity and so on. So I have to apply all this effects all over again to at least to 8-9 clips. Is there any smarter way around? I think the '' add noise " effect is in the effect library.

Thanks again, because it started to drive me crazy after looking for clips in Finder and see them in place.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:02:20 pm

I would just delete the add noise effect. When you delete the missing effect the clip will be visible again. Then you can re-add the effect. Not sure why it would say it's missing if it's in the effects browser.

Return to posts index

Lucy Slavinsky
on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:06:30 pm

Thanks a lot. I'll let you know what happened

Return to posts index

Lucy Slavinsky
on Sep 2, 2013 at 12:50:46 am

It worked exactly as you said - I deleted the effect and the clip is visible again.

Thank you very much once again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]