FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long blank at end of project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Kane
Long blank at end of project
on Aug 23, 2013 at 5:08:08 pm

I’m trying to share a ten-second project. When I select “Apple Devices 1080p” the info tab on the resulting pop-up window shows it to be an hour and ten seconds long with a size of 3.09 GB. Last night I shared the same project as a Master File and the resulting video was also and an hour and ten seconds (and 3.25 TB).

The project consists of one clip with a Ken Burns effect and an adjustment layer. No audio. Using FXPx 10.0.9.

How do I shorten the video to the length of the project?

John.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Long blank at end of project
on Aug 23, 2013 at 5:23:53 pm

You can mark a range on the primary storyline and it will only share the range.

You can also try and make a new Project, copy and paste the contents in to it, and see if you can shake loose the weird.

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Aug 23, 2013 at 5:42:59 pm

I second what Jeremy said. Are you using any compound clips that refer to a timeline of that length? I've read that this could be a source of the problem. In that case, the copy-paste workaround seems to be the solution.

On rare occasions, I've fixed issues like this by expanding all the clips to reveal the audio. Sometimes audio on a clip can extend past the end of a timeline. You won't see it unless it's expanded.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

John Kane
on Aug 23, 2013 at 5:52:00 pm

Jeremy,

Thanks for your suggestions. Both worked.

John.

Return to posts index

John Kane
on Aug 26, 2013 at 6:52:20 pm

This is a follow-up to my initial post on this problem.

I’ve done a bit of testing and concluded the problem of the un-removable long blank at the end of the timeline is a function of the initial slide. If from the Event Library, you’ll get the long blank. However, if it’s from iPhoto (via clicking on the camera icon) there’s no problem. Neither the size nor aspect ratio of the initial slide seems to matter. Once other slides have been added from the Event Library the initial iPhoto slide can be deleted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]