FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fonts dissapeared in the drop down menu.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paty Bananita
Fonts dissapeared in the drop down menu.
on Aug 18, 2013 at 6:53:10 am

Hi,
I have a problem with FCP X. Yesterday I was editing a video and when I was selecting my fonts for this project, suddenly using the drop down menu when the list arrived to the letter "T", the drop down menu stopped and then this happened:

If I select again fonts with another letter before the letter "T", everything is fine. I have checked my fonts with Font Book and everything is ok, I don't have any kind of fonts with problems.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Justin Mrkva
Re: Fonts dissapeared in the drop down menu.
on Aug 18, 2013 at 10:46:41 am

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 18, 2013 at 12:43:30 pm

Yes, it's still the same. Doesn't work.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Aug 18, 2013 at 4:53:42 pm

Have you added any fonts? Did you check the Font book for corrupted fonts?

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro 3.2GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe+
FCS 3 OS X 10.7.4
FCP X, Logic Pro, Squeeze, Filemaker 10.8.3

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 18, 2013 at 5:59:48 pm

Yes, I have a lot of fonts, already checked them with Font Book and not a single font is corrupted. I don't know what is going on...

Return to posts index

Justin Mrkva
on Aug 18, 2013 at 6:23:50 pm

1. Repair permissions (using Disk Utility). Restart, then see if it helps.

2. Delete caches. Easiest way is to go to ~/Library/ (in Finder, go to your home directory, then select Go -> Go To Folder and then type Library) and delete the com.apple.FinalCut folder, then restart. If that doesn't work, try deleting the entire Caches folder. This can also solve all sorts of weird issues in other programs and the system itself.

3. If that still doesn't work, try creating a new user account and launching FCPX from that account. If it works, then it's preferences or something else user related. At that point you could try making backups of FCPX preferences, then deleting them and seeing if it fixes the problem.

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 19, 2013 at 12:44:38 pm

Thanks for your help :)

1. I used the Disk Utility and nothing was corrupted with my HD, everything was fine.

2. I don't know if I'm very stupid but I couldn't find the FinalCut folder... I'm using OSX 10.8.4.

I did something: I delete all my fonts and then just copied from another Mac the default fonts. Restarted my FCP X and the fonts where ok... decided to copy again all my fonts, and again, FCP X, failed. Do you think this problem is because of all the fonts that I have?

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 19, 2013 at 12:57:44 pm

I really recommend downloading Preference Manager by Digital Rebellion.

It's free and I use it daily, if not more often whenever things don't work properly. ( Quite frequently still but not a real problem with Preference Manager )

Quit FCPX - run Preference Manager - then quit preference manager and empty your trash and re-open FCPX.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 19, 2013 at 1:00:35 pm

Thank you, I was reading in another post about Digital Rebellion and I downloaded it five minutes ago. I have a doubt, do I have to select only FCP X (I already made a backup) and then just trash the preferences?

Thanks a lot! :)

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 19, 2013 at 2:08:13 pm

I've already used Digital Rebellion, delete preferences, restart computer... opened FCP X and nothing, still the same... :(

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 19, 2013 at 2:59:46 pm

I'm not sure - you seem to have done all the standard problem solving activities.

Did you empty the trash as well ?

Does this problem occur in all your projects, sometimes projects can get corrupted.

Another more serious option is to trash the FCPX application, delete trash and then re-download it, which is not a big problem if you have a good internet connection.

Just trash the application, not any of your project or event folders.

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 19, 2013 at 3:53:12 pm

Mark,

Yes, my trash is empty and yep, it's happening in all my projects :(

The thing is that if I delete all the fonts in the "fonts folder" and just leave there the essential fonts, the problem is gone. Do you think the main problem could be a font or something?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 20, 2013 at 11:33:55 am

Sorry Paty,

Well I suppose you could have a corrupted font. If you were to make a copy of the entire folder, delete the fonts and then add them back one at a time you might be able to islolate your problem - but this all seems very longwinded and hopefully someone else will give some more focussed advice. Also post your problem on the FCPX forum in Apple support.

Good luck

Return to posts index

Paty Bananita
on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:01:23 pm

Will do! Thanks a lot! ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]