FORUMS: list search recent posts

batch change duration in time line

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
batch change duration in time line
on Aug 17, 2013 at 10:45:31 pm

anyway to highlight multiple clips and change their duration in the timeline?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Justin Mrkva
Re: batch change duration in time line
on Aug 18, 2013 at 2:06:30 am

Select clips you want to change (Command or Shift click to select multiple), type Ctrl+D, enter a duration, enter.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 18, 2013 at 5:05:16 am

Thanks I tried that like 6 times before posting. Was working fine with a single clip but not more than one. Tried it again and it worked. Can't think of what I was doing wrong. Oh well.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on Aug 18, 2013 at 8:01:28 am

Yep. You can also modify lengths with a + or a - to add or subtract time to/from the current duration.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 19, 2013 at 2:05:55 am

Thanks Justin and mark.

Something is buggy with my system... I think. First I tried the batch change duration before my first post and it didn't apply. Later it did. Then I just tried the + duration with one clip highlighted. I added 20 frames. Clicked enter and it left a 20 frame gab before the highlighted clip. Tried this three times with same result. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Not getting crashes or anything and all else seems stable.

I am working on a music video with lots of stills and freeze frames so doing a lot of these mods.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]