FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for best method to fetch just audio from the Event Library to cover an edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wilde
Looking for best method to fetch just audio from the Event Library to cover an edit
on Aug 16, 2013 at 6:39:44 am

I'm an experienced editor but not with FCPX.

I want to use some audio from a clip, which is not in the timeline, to cover an edit. It seems cumbersome to add the clip to the end of the project in the timeline (press E), detach the audio, deselect the separate elements, select and delete the video part, and finally select just the audio part and move it to where I want it. There's gotta be a better way. Is there?

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
Re: Looking for best method to fetch just audio from the Event Library to cover an edit
on Aug 16, 2013 at 7:21:12 am

Tim, there is an easier way.

Press Shift 3 + Q to just insert Audio from any clip in the event browser.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Looking for best method to fetch just audio from the Event Library to cover an edit
on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:17:05 am

What Mark says. Plus if you find pressing three keys a bit too much for a common operation you can always create an easier keyboard shortcut for this.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Aug 16, 2013 at 1:28:04 pm

I've mapped the key commands "Control Q" for connect video only and "Option Q" for connect audio only. Keeps everything tidy and easily accessible. Just watch out for "Command Q"! LOL

anickt

Return to posts index

Tim Wilde
on Aug 17, 2013 at 1:44:53 am

DOH! Thank you to all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]