I am editing my film for the first time on FCPX and started on the scrolling end credit.
The film has a lot of roles/titles/names and I have been typing them on TextEdit to make sure all the names are listed and spelled correctly.
In FCP7, I remember copy/paste with * between the roles and names to create gutters between them. When I'm using FCPX scrolling text templet, I tried to copy and paste from TextEdit, but the text loses gutters and some reason line spacing drops to -40.
Is only way to make nice looking scroll credit is to retype everything on FCPX? Anyway I can make this easier? Or do I have to learn Motion to do this?
• Now available in Premiere Pro CS6 and Final Cut Pro X: create static titles and animated rolls/crawls in the newest editing applications.
• Keyframing optional: no keyframes are required for animation. The text of your choice is scrolled in and out of frame automatically, based on the length of the generator track. This feature also lets you match a title roll (or crawl) to the duration of a different clip.
• Use existing RTF files: this plug-in can reference an existing RTF file on disk, allowing you to rely entirely on an external program for text input and layout.
• Built-in motion blurring and de-flickering: create high-quality animations at any frame rate with built-in motion blur and the ability to reduce interlacing artifacts.
• Easy masking abilities: use external media to determine which portions of the title are visible, or viceversa.