FORUMS: list search recent posts

Annotation Edit for FCPX_Getting Started

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin powell
Annotation Edit for FCPX_Getting Started
on Aug 14, 2013 at 7:56:56 pm

Does anyone use annotation edit form zeitanker? Just bought it and am struggle to find an comprehensive instructions and tutorials for creating timecode ins and outs from transcription.

how do you import the transcription text from a word/pages file, add timecode to it while watching video playback and then export an xml to FCPX and a 3 column excel file?

I'm running FCP 10.0.8/9 and Annotation Edit 1.9.32.

The manual really just references its use with FCP Legacy, and the lazy, image only FCPX manual seems to be from an older version of Annotation Edit, as the Export>Image (NLE,DCP) window shows bot FCP X options checked off, which is not possible in my version.

Lotta noob questions, apologize if this exists in another post in here.

Advanced Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina Display
2.7ghz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
512 SSD
FCPX 10.0.8, CS6, Smoke 2013
Mac OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Annotation Edit for FCPX_Getting Started
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:14:39 am

Hi,

there is a quick start manual that I believe is stored as pdf within the app folder that you install. Other than that the site references a few video tutorials.

AE is a great subtitling software. As for importing text, I don't think you can import a page of word document but you can import excel spreadsheet. In my experience it is quite finicky with the excel format and I would recomend you use the sample template as a starter, specially if you work in a language with accents. (We use it for french subtitling mostly).

I don't have time right now for more but will try to help you when I can, so post your questions.

Hope this helps

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCP7/X
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

Justin powell
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:00:22 pm

Really appreciate the tips, Patrice. Look forward to hearing what else you can throw my way.

MacBook Pro Retina Display
2.7ghz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
512 SSD
FCPX 10.0.8, CS6, Smoke 2013
Mac OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Anna Lee
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:11:02 am

I am in the same boat. any updates Please ? thanks in advance

Return to posts index