FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF converter for FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
MXF converter for FCP7
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:29:10 pm

I have the misfortune of having to use FCP7 for something and the Os its running on is 10.8. I have some Canon C300 footage I need to bring into the project and the canon xf plug in does not seem to work with 10.8 . I tried converting the canon MXF's with PAV tube and had audio sync issues, I tried aiseesoft MXF converter which does a nice job of converting but the pro res files that resulted were unusable by FCP7. I get an out of memeory error from FCP when I try to open these converted mxf's in the viewer.

FCPX has no problem with either the native MXFs or the converted pro res, but unfortunately I can't use X for this project.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: MXF converter for FCP7
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:33:31 pm

[Mark Smith] " I have some Canon C300 footage I need to bring into the project and the canon xf plug in does not seem to work with 10.8 "

Are you sure it is C300 footage and not C100 or C500 footage? The XF plug-in has been working fine for me with FCP7, so make sure you have the latest version. But if it's the other cameras, it might not be MPEG2 like the C300 XF codec.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:38:02 pm

PS: You might have to download the earlier version until the Lion category instead of the FCP X version that shows up under Mountain Lion.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:48:05 pm

I'm certain its C300 footage. I shot it with my camera. I think I loaded the correct XF plug in as well. What mystifies me even more is why FCP 7 doesn't play nice with the MXF files that i converted to pro res.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Aug 12, 2013 at 8:11:47 pm

I seem to have resolved the FCP7 ingest issue with my C300 footage. Perhaps I had the wrong XF plug in all I know is one I installed the 1.3.1 plug in everything settled down. Now on to being productive.

Return to posts index

Kayla Wang
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:33:54 am

It is a good choice to convert your Canon MXF to ProRes mov for editing in FCP7 and MXF converters like TransMXF for Mac will help you with that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]