FORUMS: list search recent posts

best quality for freeze frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
best quality for freeze frames
on Aug 12, 2013 at 4:00:59 am

I know how to save a freeze frame and choose a good form of compression. I know how to create it directly in the browser or timeline. In terms of final output of the project what is the best quality for stills created from video clips?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: best quality for freeze frames
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:21:25 am

Share>Add Destination. Save Current Frame. Then Choose TIF or PSD.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 13, 2013 at 6:32:49 am

This is better quality than just Create Freeze Frames? I know how to do both. The export one is more work but I'm willing if the result is better.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Aug 13, 2013 at 9:49:17 am

If you are printing the stills then you might also want to change the resolution from 72DPI to 300DPI in photoshop.

David

http://www.davidbattistella.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 14, 2013 at 12:27:40 am

Yes I would export for printing stills. But if I am just using the stills as part of a video is there any quality advantage to exporting and importing vs. just creating them within FCP X?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]