FORUMS: list search recent posts

color correct in browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
color correct in browser
on Aug 12, 2013 at 3:48:44 am

I can do an auto balance but I get a message in the inspector when I try to bring up the color tools that there is nothing selected in the timeline. It's not a big deal but is this the way it is or do I have something set wrong. I was hoping to do some color correction in the browser to a bunch of stills before bringing them into the timeline. Then maybe doing some matching once I saw them in sequence.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: color correct in browser
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:23:18 am

It's much more flexible and a better workflow to color correct clips within a Project Timeline.

However, if you insist- right-click the clip in the Event and choose Open in Timeline. Then you'll be able to pre-grade it.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: color correct in browser
on Aug 13, 2013 at 6:39:44 am

Yes I see the advantages of doing it on the timeline. But on stills that I am using for more than one project or purpose I'd like to pre grade and then fine tune on the timeline. That way I have basic correction done if I need it for another project. It's not a big thing and I very well might end up agreeing with you. But I was confused by not being able to it when I opened a browser still in the inspector.

Thanks for the tip.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]