FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha Video issue in FCPX 10.0.0.8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Goutom Ain
Alpha Video issue in FCPX 10.0.0.8
on Aug 10, 2013 at 2:28:15 pm

I have two problem and hoping that it will get solved in this forum

1) I have exactly no idea why when a video with alpha is brought to timeline in fcpx for sometime it remains transparent and later all alpha portion get converted to black. Please let me know if there is any setting so that I can keep my video transparent and can export it to dvcprohd.

2) Cant export to DVCPRHD 1920*1080 also i need to set the audio codec when exporting to h.264 in Linear PCM.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Alpha Video issue in FCPX 10.0.0.8
on Aug 10, 2013 at 4:22:28 pm

1). There's an alpha override metadata list available in the inspector to allow you to change the alpha.

2) anything that's available in compressor is available in fcpx, you just have to create the compressor setting for it and add it to your fcpx export options via the "add destination" dialogue.

Return to posts index

Goutom Ain
on Aug 12, 2013 at 8:19:32 am

Hi,

Can you be more precise on point one. And thanks for your reply. I cant find the alpha override metadata list. Also another thing i want to ask how to search for media inside the import media dialog. It seems there is no provision to search. So in that case how can i search for file and add it in fcp.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 12, 2013 at 3:23:25 pm

[Goutom Ain] "Can you be more precise on point one. "

Sure.

-Select the clip in the browser.

-Open the inspector (command-4).

-Click the "Info" tab

-On the bottom left corner of the inspector, change the drop down list to "settings view".

-You should now see alpha handling drop down menu in the inspector. Change to premultiply or straight, depending on your alpha type.

[Goutom Ain] "Also another thing i want to ask how to search for media inside the import media dialog. It seems there is no provision to search. So in that case how can i search for file and add it in fcp."

This is a great feature request that you should submit to Apple. For now you will have to use the Finder.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Goutom Ain
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:01:10 am

Thanx.......... workzzz...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]