Batch Exporting Multiple Video Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew DeCain
Batch Exporting Multiple Video Clips
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:04:58 pm

Hey all,

Long time lurker, just had to re-register an account. Here's my issue:

I'm working for a client who delivered to me a large, 10 hour, 7GB HQ video file that they wanted to be chopped down into 150+ individual video files. I was thinking I would just use my copy of FCPX to do it, however, the program is having an incredibly hard time reading and working with the large file, let alone editing it down and exporting into individual clips.

Right now I'm having to manually set in/out points in MPEG StreamClip, export a 30 minute or so segment, and then wait for it to finish in order to repeat this process. Here's my question:

Is there anyway to set multiple in/out points in a single video file and export them all at once? Kind of like a reverse batch conversion, where instead of merging multiple files into one, I want to split a single video file into multiple files at once.

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did some searching and couldn't find a clear response.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Batch Exporting Multiple Video Clips
on Aug 7, 2013 at 7:39:57 pm

No, but FCPX will build a queue of all of your exports and at the end you will have multiple files. You can continue working while marking in/out then export, in/out export, etc.

Unfortunately, there's no traditional batch export like FCP7, but X's queue system does work well.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:02:56 am

Yikes not what I wanted to hear.

I have over 800 clips to export :(

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:09:42 am

Hi, Eric.