FORUMS: list search recent posts

graphicscardquestion for final cut X optimal use

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Zabel
graphicscardquestion for final cut X optimal use
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:19:55 pm

graphics card question. I'll get the 16GB RAM, and atleast 1GB VRAM, which of these cards should I get for best results on Final Cut X: AMD Radeon HD 6970M or the nvidia Geforce GTX 680MX? I read in this link http://www.larryjordan.biz/improving-fcp-x-performance/
that the radeon's work better fro final cut, but wanted to confirm the veracity of that with you guys.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: graphicscardquestion for final cut X optimal use
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:46:56 pm

Do you have a choice? Don't all macs come with either integrated or nVidia? Maybe the laptops still have Radeon? The 2011 iMacs had the Radeon, but the 2012 is a better machine overall performance-wise. It of corse lacks a DVD -burner, but that just led me to buy a $90 portable samsung blu-ray burner.

Right now, the top card in the top iMac is the way to go. Buy your Ram somewhere else but get 32gigs. Minimum 16.

I have the 2011 Radeon iMac, and a 2012 nVidia and they both seem about the same. Of course the 2011 is a dog in After effects if you want ray tracing 3D. The Radeon isn't supported. No cuda.

Return to posts index

Matthew Zabel
Re: graphicscardquestion for final cut X optimal use
on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:37:56 pm

thanks for your opinion. yes, I do have a choice, either the 2011 with radeon, or the 2012 nvidea, and I can exchange the RAM to either computer. but it appears you think the upgrades to 2012 negate any card preference. thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]