FORUMS: list search recent posts

Search for keywords across events

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iona Salter
Search for keywords across events
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:37:04 am

Hello,

I'm using FCPX, and I'm trying to find out whether it's possible to search for clips with a particular keyword attached, across multiple events. I know how to find clips with a particular keyword attached in an individual event, but can I search across all the events on my hard drive? I've searched high and low for an answer to this question, and I get the feeling it's not possible, but no one's been able to categorically rule it out for me.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed! :)

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Search for keywords across events
on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:58:53 pm

Yes, if the Events you want to search are showing in your Event Library.

In the Event Library group-select all the Events you want to search.

Then click the Filter button (the little magnifying glass icon) at the top of the Event Browser. The Filter window will appear.

In the Filter window click the + button to add a Rule. Choose Keywords from the list.

Under "Keywords" you will see all keywords that are present in the Events you have selected. Check the keyword(s) for the clips you want to find (un-check the keywords you don't want). Now only the clips that have the keyword(s) you have checked will show in the Event Browser.

NOTE1:
If you don't need the Filter window anymore now you can close it. As long as you don't clear the search field next to the Filter button only your searched clips will be shown in the Event Browser and you can work with them.

NOTE2:
At the bottom of the Filter window you will see a button called "New Smart Collection". With this button you can put all the clips you have found using the search function into a new Smart Collection. But unfortunately the button does not work when multiple Events are selected, as a Smart Collection can only be created in one Event at a time.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Iona Salter
Re: Search for keywords across events
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:09:13 am

Thanks so much Ronny! It seems so simple to me now, I can't believe I missed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]