FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X: Multiclip won't correctly sync?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Corvino
FCP X: Multiclip won't correctly sync?!
on Jul 31, 2013 at 4:28:17 pm

I've looked all over for another thread with someone having a similar issue, but no luck. . .

I'm editing together a wedding video using FCPX 10.0.9 and 4 cameras and I can't get the muliclip to correctly sync the different camera angles. When I ask FCX to create a multi clip and sync using Audio, (complete Auto) or sync using Angles - the muliclip is either organized by camera, or placed in the timeline in a way that appears random? For Example: I just created a new multi clip with one camera angle and the master, after fixing and analyzing the audio. The 2 clips from angle 1 are placed together in sequential order at the front of the time line, followed by the master further down on the timeline. No matter what I do I can't seem to get my video in sync!

I've been trouble shooting this for days! I've dumped FCPX plist, uninstalled and reinstalled FCPX, Corrected the audio, Filled out the clip info (Camera name and angle), and no luck!? Any help would be much appreciated!

Cameras:
Master: Panasonic shot at 720p 24fps, Stereo Audio CH1: Lav Mic, CH2: On camera mic

Angles 1-3: Three Canon 60D, 1080p 24fps, running Magic Lantern and a Shotgun Mic attachment.

Computer:
Mac Pro 2008
Processor 2x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
10 GB 667 MHz DDr2 FB-DIMM
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
OS X Lion 10.7.5

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: FCP X: Multiclip won't correctly sync?!
on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:16:28 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Select each of the clips you want to synchronize and in the Inspector > Info tab enter a unique Camera Name for each clip. E.g. Camera 1, Camera 2, Camera 3 and Camera 4.

Then try to synchronize the clips. Does this work?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Jennifer Corvino
Re: FCP X: Multiclip won't correctly sync?!
on Aug 7, 2013 at 10:47:43 pm

Thanks Ronny,
I did try naming the angles with no luck!? That's when I posted on the forum. I did a bit more experimenting and here's what I found out.

Hopefully this can help someone else*
We were working in a very large church, and separated our three 60D's out to the Left, Right, and Front of the church while our Master shot was at the very back. The Left and Right 60D's picked up a lot of crowd noise and echo and not much at all of the speaking portions.

Furthermore, we were shooting a very loooong Wedding at full 1080p. Since the canon 60D will only record in 4gig /12min clips, FCPX couldn't differentiate between the different prayers, readings, and songs, est. . . .

However, I'd split the Left/Right Audio channels on the Master cam to:
Ch1: Wireless Groom's Microphone, and Ch2: an On camera shotgun mic. (as a backup)

The very clean audio of the Grooms Mic added to FCPX's confusion, the shotgun mic saved us! By muting the Grooms mic, while the angles were syncing I was able to get most of the clips to properly sync in order. The rest I had to do the old fashioned way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]