FORUMS: list search recent posts

render bug?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
render bug?
on Jul 30, 2013 at 5:03:59 am

I have a clip in a project to which I made a couple of retiming adjustments. Orange bar over clip. I tried to render all and to render just that selected clip. No progress. I brought up Background tasks window. Nothing. All functions idle. What gives? I tried quitting and opening FC. No change. I turned off background rendering. Tried render all. No progress.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: render bug?
on Jul 30, 2013 at 6:18:03 am

This has been around as far as I can remember. I often have a section or spot that won't render. Or perhaps it IS rendered but the orange doesn't go away. Also, spontaneous unrenders occur. For example I'll render a whole timeline and then close and reopen app and sections need rerendering.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 30, 2013 at 6:28:30 am

Yes it seems to be a bug. Never have seen the issue myself but I have read a few reports about this. Apparently the clips are rendered while the bar still shows. So if the clip plays correctly I would not worry about it and send a bug report to Apple.

It seems to happen mostly with retimed connected clips and retimed clips in a secondary storyline. This may have something to do with badly linked render files. If you have many of these issues one thing you could do is to delete your Project Render files and re-render.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 30, 2013 at 2:18:41 pm

Thanks. Will give it a try. I tried delete unused render files and render all. Nothing. Tried delete all renders and all orange came back. Render all they all quickly rendered except two of the retimed clips. Plays fine. Orange still there.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 31, 2013 at 10:05:14 am

Craig,

Have you updated to 10.0.9 yet? It might fix this little bug.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Aug 1, 2013 at 4:54:12 am

Yeah. And it did render some things that were not rendered or I should say were rendered but still had orange (the big fix notes claimed they wouldn't export properly-specifically speed changes). But I still have a couple that are orange.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]