FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating new Compound Clips from existing clips that do not affect the previously existing compound clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Echtman
Creating new Compound Clips from existing clips that do not affect the previously existing compound clips
on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:17:05 pm

I'm trying to create new Compound Clips from existing Compound Clips that will not affect the previously existing compound clips. I can't find any straightforward documentation or examples of this.

The only thing I see that works, is to break apart all clips (including all levels of nested compound clips), selecting all media, copying, and pasting into a new clip in a new project. Everything else seems to still impact prior compound clips that I am attempting to save 'as-is'. This method forces me to recreate any nested clips I want to still work with separate from the parent clip that gets created when pasting all individual elements into a new clip.

It would be a great feature if I could just select a compound clop and choose to duplicate as an independent compound clip that shares no relationship to the previous compound clip, other than referencing the same source media. This way I could have a duplicate of all the sub-clips and their structure, and be able to edit anything in this new compound clip without affecting other clips in the same, or other, timelines and projects.

Please help if you know how I can easily do this.

Thanks, Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]