FORUMS: list search recent posts

timeline won't show on viewer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
timeline won't show on viewer
on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:11:47 am

Have no idea what I might have done if anything. Timeline turned to dark black and white images and will not play audio or video on the viewer or broadcast monitor. Both work fine with any other project and work fine in the project library including this timeline. I relinked files but it did not help. In the project library they are in full color and audio plays. I tried quitting and reopening.

In the precision editor the handles will play and look normal but the active frames won't. On the time line the edit point will show up. The last edit I made was to delete a transition from the timeline index.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Robert Stewart
Re: timeline won't show on viewer
on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:19:48 am

Did you click the letter "v" on the clip in the timeline to disable the clip? If you did click "v" again and it will enable your clip. Only thing I could think of with the description of your problem

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 25, 2013 at 5:55:15 pm

Yeah. First thing I tried. Really stumped. Corrupted project file? Ironic since we were just discussing that.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:41:42 pm

This is a long shot but it has helped before on similar issues: delete your Project and Event render files.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:52:40 pm

There is a folder with this particular project that has a render files folder within it. Do I trash the entire render folder or just the folders in it or just the files within those folders?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:53:24 pm

There is a folder with this particular project that has a render files folder within it. Do I trash the entire folder or just the folders in it or just the files within those folders?

Do I do this on the finder level or within FC?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Found it
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:58:36 pm

Video and audio roles were turned off in index.

Still want to know best practice for deleting render files though.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 25, 2013 at 7:02:41 pm

Delete render files from within final cut. From the project browser select the project and choose file> delete project render files> all render files.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 25, 2013 at 7:32:28 pm

Glad you found the solution and thank you for posting it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]