FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX: Can't Re-Import File With Same Name After Deleting.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jory Levine
FCPX: Can't Re-Import File With Same Name After Deleting.
on Jul 19, 2013 at 9:03:56 pm

I find that if I want to make a change in a Photoshop file after I have imported it into FCPX and then reimport the the file back in after a correction.
Even if I delete the clip related to the file in the timeline and delete the event --no can do with the reimport.

I can only do it if I rename the file something else. I have to trick FCPX into allowing me to get the file back in.
I thought it might work if I waited a day after deleting cause it might be a problem with the date of import - will have to give that a try.

Any thoughts on this ridiculous bug in FCPX or how to get around or fix it other that the methods I'm using.

I'd really like to be about the keep the names I've chosen for my files after I've edited them.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: FCPX: Can't Re-Import File With Same Name After Deleting.
on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:19:37 pm

I have found you can update PSD files and have them update in FCP X as long as you don't change the number of layers. If you do you have to save under a new name.

anickt

Return to posts index

Jory Levine
on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:33:33 pm

Why, if I delete the clip and event does FCPX still remember the name I assigned to the event?
Can I somehow make FCPX "forget"? Is there a FCPX ruffie? Where is this remembrance stored.
Guess I'm off to the Genius Bar.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 21, 2013 at 8:17:37 pm

It's possible that the deleted clip is still in the undo Que. Try restarting FCPX to clear it and try again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]