FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't select make multicam clip in 10.0.8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Can't select make multicam clip in 10.0.8
on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:31:22 pm

In 10.0.8 I select two clips with similar TC and clean audio tracks. Label camera angles 1 and 2 select both clips and the "make multi cam clip" selection is greyed out. I must be missing something?

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: Can't select make multicam clip in 10.0.8
on Jul 19, 2013 at 6:43:04 pm

Ae you certain that they are both selected? Any time that I have 2 or more clips selected, I can get to the "New multicam clip..." option in both the Right-Click popup and the File menu - even if the clips aren't the same FPS.

Also, if you're using the filmstrip view, try using the list view in the clip browser to make sure that you do have multiple clips selected.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:33:00 pm

Hi Tim - thanks for the reply. Yes both clips are highlighted in blue, both are the same fps and codec is ProRes. Selecting both clips in list view. Tried restarting x , however no change. Tried right click and file menu but still greyed out. Hmm.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:50:53 pm

Do you have TWO or more keyword collections highlighted? For some reason that won't work. Like if you have a keyword collection for cam 1, and a collection for cam 2, and you highlight them both so you can highlight clips from cam 1 and 2 to make the multicam clip, it'll be ghosted out. In that case you'll just have to highlight the main event and make them there. Or make a new single keyword collection containing both cameras. Stupid, I know.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:55:56 pm

Ahh! Bret hit it right on the head. That is precisely what my situation was, and how I got around it.

And I now recall the "select clip but don't import" method was for AVCHD clips that were offline, but "shouldn't" have been offline.

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 19, 2013 at 9:14:47 pm

thanks Brett will give that a shot monday!

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:47:44 pm

Hmm, I had the same thing happen a couple days ago but I just can't remember what I did to get around it. Is it possible that FCP was quit during the import/generating thumbnails of these clips?

Try opening the import window, navigate to the original files, select one of the clips (just as if you were going to import the clip), then select just the other clip, but don't import either clip, just cancel the import window. Now try to select the clips in the event browser and see if create multicam is available.

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 19, 2013 at 9:13:59 pm

David Thanks I will try that on monday once I track down the original!

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 22, 2013 at 3:42:17 pm

Seems to be working fine this morning. another Hmmm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]