FORUMS: list search recent posts

conform without changing clip length

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam chesbrough
conform without changing clip length
on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:16:54 pm

I have 60fps footage that is edited in my timeline. FCPX automatically converts the framerate to the timeline default frame-rate. That being said it doesn't conform (ie slow-motion).

I would like to conform all of the clips on the timeline but want their length to remain the same (like twixtor does). I doubt this is possible but wanted to check to make sure.

Thanks

Macbook Pro Retina: 2.6GHZ i7, 16GB RAM 1600MHz DDR3, GT 650M 1GB RAM

Hackintosh (Sandy Bridge): i5 2500, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3, Nvidia GT640 2GB RAM

OWC 4TB RAID0 (using esata)
Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34 (6Gb/s)
Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: conform without changing clip length
on Jul 18, 2013 at 4:06:53 am

If you put 60fps footage into your timeline, it plays back at 30fps. That isn't conforming. It's skipping every other frame to keep the speed correct. Conforming is mapping every frame to a single frame in your timeline. To do that, click on the retime button at the upper rt of the project, and choose conform. Your clip will now be set to 50% speed and double in length. Sorry, but you'll just have to shorten the clip yourself. It doesn't maintain length. Easiest to simply not the duration at the bottom of the window before you conform. Then after conform, simply press ctrl+D (duration) and type the duration you noted.

It took FCP legacy about 10+ years to implement speed changes without changing the duration of the clip. Let's hope they do it a little quicker this go around. It's only been two. Give them time. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]