FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch export of clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sanders
Batch export of clips
on Jul 13, 2013 at 4:04:53 pm

Hi all,

I have 3 interviews, all of which have bits that have been redacted. So I've ended up with a number of different clips if each interview.

Basically I want to spit out the individual clips of the interviews to preserve the timecode as the interviews are being made available with timecoded transcripts.

Is my best option

1) just to spit out files one by one and resign myself to sitting at the computer.
2) use X to 7, generate a FCP 7 project and batch export from there
3) use Resolve?

Thanks all.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Batch export of clips
on Jul 13, 2013 at 4:57:52 pm

4). Send feedback to Apple to add true batching exporting to FCPX.

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
on Jul 13, 2013 at 5:10:00 pm

Yes there's that option as well :-))

FWIW Resolve seems to have come up trumps!

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jul 14, 2013 at 9:07:04 pm

I'm not sure batch export would save you a ton of time here. You still have to manually make the selects. You don't have to sit at the computer. FCP X will queue the exports. Just keep adding them and FCP X will export them one by one. You can monitor it by looking at the Background tasks. Just hope it doesn't crash. :)

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jul 15, 2013 at 5:46:33 am

Since X already does one file to many formats automatically via it's Share Folders, I assume you want Various X Projects Exported into one desktop folder?

Couldn't a simple Automator script do this pretty easily?

Just Setup a series of Share menu targets that outputs each project into it's own temp folder and then have Automator "aggregate" those files into a single folder as they are done exporting?

Haven't done that myself, but it seems pretty simple.

Automator is a pretty darn powerful (if seldom considered) tool that can drive drudgery out of all sorts of manual processes on a Mac. And it's both already installed and FREE!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]