FORUMS: list search recent posts

Breaking Multi-Cam Audio Apart

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Adam
Breaking Multi-Cam Audio Apart
on Jul 6, 2013 at 6:26:12 am

Editing a looooong series. All done with 3 cameras. Multi-cam edit, no problem. I've done dozens of episodes with this software in multi-cam, but none have required significant audio manipulation.

The artist has a few words here & there that need to be copied and pasted over other words, moved earlier or later under b-roll, etc.

Yet, expand audio (either one) doesn't actually give me completely separate audio regions that can be copied, moved, pasted, etc.

The only way I've found to get it is to dig 2 layers in (opt-t, opt-t) to the angle that has the audio, copy it's audio region, back out to the sequence, paste it over the entire thing, find the word I'm wanting to move/replace, delete the rest, then go to the multi-cam clip and range>turn down the offending audio and try to mix them in.

Is this seriously the only way? Any other NLE I could just copy, paste, cut the audio from it's track to anywhere else in the session.

Please tell me I'm missing something.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
Re: Breaking Multi-Cam Audio Apart
on Jul 8, 2013 at 4:01:04 am

I'll be curious to see if anyone else has a solution to this.

Here's what I'd try. Select a range of your multicam clip that has the word or words you want to add, and connect them to your timeline where you want the audio.

Now drag this connected clip BELOW the primary storyline so you won't see it, but just hear it.

It would be cleaner to be able to break the multiclip apart, so that you only have the audio connected, but I don't know a way other than the way you describe of stepping into the clip.

I'm hoping they will give us a way to collapse the multiclips back to the original clips, like in FCP7. Then we could break the clip apart.

Meanwhile, manipulating the audio is always going to be a bit klugey.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: Breaking Multi-Cam Audio Apart
on Aug 29, 2013 at 4:27:34 pm

Expand Audio Components (cmd-S) -> select a frase with Range Tool ->Copy (cmd-C) -> Paste Connected (opt-V)

EDIT: Yeah, does NOT work with Multicam Clip...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]