FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Event to corrupted to Open

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Dominguez
FCP X Event to corrupted to Open
on Jun 29, 2013 at 12:38:56 pm

I was doing a Demo for a advertising agency and it was almost finish, it was 2PM and I was going to show the demo at 3PM. I have a problem with one image that I dint like it was to shaky so I try to stabilize and my computer shut down, when I try to open the event it docent open the event is corrupted, so I try the back up and it's also corrupted. I try to fix the problem with Digital Rebellion Pro Maintenance Tools Project Repair with no luck it's to corrupted to fix.
So I try to open only my project and it open so I am not that worry because I have all my media so I duplicate project with used clip only that create a new event and then I re-link everything and it is OK for most of it, my problem is that I have many many many ....... Compound clips and those are associate with my corrupted event so there is no way to open or repair or fix so I have to redo those editing again thanks God I did have a MP4 that I send my client to used as reference.
This is my story maybe some one know haw to fix the Compound clips problem or there should be in a coming software update a way to fix this.

Have a happy weekend.
Ricky Dominguez
Luna Films
Puerto Rico

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCP X Event to corrupted to Open
on Jun 29, 2013 at 1:51:54 pm

This is a definite issue as you've discovered a corrupt event isn't really a big problem. For the most part you can recreate the event, relink, etc. as the original media isn't damaged. But now that the compounds are stored in the event, they can be gone altogether. More tragic if one insists in using compounds in lieu of projects.

Compounds used to live in the event or in the project, depending on where it originated. Now they always live in. The event. If they could somehow also be duplicated in code within the project (IOW the project could recreate if the event is corrupt) then that would solve many issues since the project can easily and frequently be duplicated. And most do that anyway as some method of backup and versioning.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 29, 2013 at 3:03:38 pm

The computer shut down after you tried to stabilize?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 29, 2013 at 9:47:24 pm

You should ALWAYS keep your computer on a flat stable surface.

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Jun 30, 2013 at 5:04:12 am

Yes the computer shut down, Friday the event was corrupted and in Saturday to try to finish the demo the project get corrupted. I don't know what happe it never happen.
I use disk images for all my project (event/project) could this be the problem.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 30, 2013 at 12:07:59 am

Did you try running Project Repair on the event's backup file? For the future, I use "Backups for FCPX". It's well worth it to keep backups of events and projects.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]