FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the SHAPE Generator Tab???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Where is the SHAPE Generator Tab???
on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:24:45 pm

Hello!

I am trying to make simple shapes with solid layers. I have the generator browser with all the backgrounds etc (pic attached), but when I click a solid layer that I already put in the timeline and go to inspector Generator tab, the only thing I see is what you see in the picture (I have the solid clip clicked on timeline)

Where is the "shape" and the rest of the effects I am suppose to have in this inspector-generator window?? anyone?
thank you!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Where is the SHAPE Generator Tab???
on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:35:12 pm

Shapes live in the SHAPE menu under Elements.

You're one menu below where you need to be to create a shape.

Among the published parameters of the Shape selection are a bunch of primitives like circles and squares. If you want something more exotic, remember that in X these generators are just Motion projects. So if you have Motion installed, you can option click any generator and open it in Motion and tweek it to your hearts content.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:50:06 pm

wow, thank you , this was easy after all!
thks!!! :)

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jul 8, 2013 at 8:00:35 pm

Hi Bill,
after I have done the shape I want, I need to fill in the shapes with the exact color the client wants. I am trying to figure out how to use a specific color in FCPX; I need for instance Red 208, but when I try to pick a red, the only values that is giving me is from 0 to 1.00 (?)in the generator window.

When i double click on the "fill color" square, the window with COLOR sliders appears, but when I put my 208 value in red, it find it, but the color of my generated shape doesn't change, the window really doesn't do anything for me ?? how to make this window color work on my shapes to pick specific COLORS?

thanks again!!!
E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]