FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicating Project and clips only duplicating the references to the clips not the clips themselves

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Castiglione
Duplicating Project and clips only duplicating the references to the clips not the clips themselves
on Jun 27, 2013 at 7:59:59 am

Hi

I guess the subject line says it all. I wish to make a safety copy of a project together with all the actual clips - not just references to them. I am using Duplicate Project and selecting the Duplicate Project + Used Clips option. However, all it does is export the Project together with the references to clips - not the clips not themselves.

I am sure that I am missing something basic and would appreciate some advice.

Cheers

Rob Castiglione
New Editions Film & Sound

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Duplicating Project and clips only duplicating the references to the clips not the clips themselves
on Jun 27, 2013 at 3:13:54 pm

Nope, this is the way it works.

It used to not work this way and everything would always get duplicated and create too many copies and bloated file sizes.

After you duplicate, choose to "Organize" media after you duplicate and it will bring over a hard copy to your new Event.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Robert Castiglione
Re: Duplicating Project and clips only duplicating the references to the clips not the clips themselves
on Jun 27, 2013 at 11:58:24 pm

Cheers. Ahh I see - it is duplicating exactly the projet as I created it including with referenced media. Thanks for the solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]