FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tipard MTS Converter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Tipard MTS Converter
on Jun 26, 2013 at 8:13:39 pm

On the mac app store, this awesome little app will convert difficult MTS files if for whatever reason your AVCHD footage doesn't want to load into FCPX. This app converted our footage for us in about 3 hours (4 hrs of footage) and now we have nice prores footage to work with.

Totally saved my butt today, hence the shout out. I think we lost our metadata, but when X won't load footage correctly, this is a great workaround.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Tipard MTS Converter
on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:00:54 pm

Can't tell you how many times I've been given MTS files without the card file structure and had to jump through hoops to get it into the NLE. Aside from buying clipwrap, which has its own troubles, you had to bring it to a win machine or some other solution. And this is free! Nice find.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:06:32 am

[Tony Brittan] "Aside from buying clipwrap, which has its own troubles"

I've not ever run into any problems with ClipWrap. Just curious, what problems have you had with it?

Dave

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 27, 2013 at 1:58:09 am

Yeah, it totally worked out of the gate. Had to figure out how to convert to prores, but the process and setup took maybe 5 minutes. Best part was I just dragged the folder with the MTS footage into from the 'private' folder and it processed and found it instantly. I don't know who made it but I'm darn thankful for it!

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Jun 28, 2013 at 4:14:13 pm

John, did the original footage have timecode? Just wondering if the program stripped TC?

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Frank Valtellina
on Jul 2, 2013 at 6:45:42 am

I use a free light software... "Remux". It convert mts file in .mov without any recompression and fcpx manage those files without problems. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]