FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smooth transition between edited clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben DuBois
Smooth transition between edited clips?
on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:30:08 pm

Hi, is there a good way to smooth the transition between clips that have been edited. For example, an interview session where the subject and background are the same but I want to use only parts of the video interview so I cut sections out - but when you play the final edited version you can tell that the clip has been cut. Anyway to correct or minimize that (I have a lot of them)? Suggestions for transitions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Smooth transition between edited clips?
on Jun 26, 2013 at 9:26:10 pm

Presuming you don't have broll available to cover the cuts and disguise that you made them, there are a couple of techniques editors tend to use to smooth the jarring nature of jumpcuts.

You can you a short (3-6 frame) white flash between clips. This is used a lot in news. It shows that you made a cut in the audio and aren't trying to hide it, but the white flash also keeps the jump cut from being jarring.

Another thing you can do is resize one shot so that it looks like another camera shooting in CU. This works best in HD where you have a little more play in the quality of the footage, but the resized image will be a little softer. No way to avoid that.

andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 26, 2013 at 10:46:55 pm

I. Can't. Help. My. Self.

Return to posts index

Matias Canelson
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:48:08 am

"If you can't solve it... dissolve it".

;P

--
MatiasCanelson
http://www.canelson.com.ar

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:55:40 am

When in doubt, Charlie out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]